However, as a THRIVE Life Independent Consultant, I kept reading rave reviews of the THRIVE cornbread. So, I gave it a shot... and made it every week since!
2 Tbs THRIVE powder milk, not reconstituted
1 cup of water
1 Tbs vinegar
1/2 cup THRIVE butter powder
2 Tbs THRIVE egg powder
1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons water
2/3 cup THRIVE white sugar
1/2 teaspoon THRIVE baking soda
1 cup THRIVE cornmeal
1 cup THRIVE white flour
1/2 teaspoon THRIVE salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F (preheat extra early to make sure oven is to temp. I ruined a few batches before I learned to double check the oven temperature). Grease an 8x8 in square pan, muffin cups, mini muffin cups or our family favorite, corn on the cob cast iron molds (affiliate link & photo below).
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 T of powder milk into 1 cup of water. Add vinegar, mix and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter powder & egg powder into 1/4 c plus 2 t of water.
- Add milk mixture to egg/butter mixture. Mix together. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until only a few lumps remain.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes (18 for mini muffins) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Best served warm with a reconstituted THRIVE butter powder!
- Dump about 1/2 cup of THRIVE butter powder into a bowl, add teaspoons of water and stir until it is a nice consistency.
- The butter powder does not contain salt, so if you prefer, add a dash of salt.
- OR, add some cinnamon & honey or herbs... because of the creamy consistency, you can easily stir in your favorite additives.
A note on your cornmeal:
I am frugal. I am skeptical. So, when it comes to cooking basics (flour, salt, baking powder), I haven't used my THRIVE Life foods, I've simply used what I already have on hand.
Until last week, that is. When curiosity compelled me to open up my THRIVE cornmeal.
Check-out the difference between my big box store cornmeal and the THRIVE cornmeal:
Hmm, the late night (poor lighting) picture hardly does it justice. Suffice it to say, I immediately threw away (actually fed to our chickens) my regular cornmeal and switched to THRIVE cornmeal. The color & texture difference was INCREDIBLE!
I feel that I need to send a personal apology to every taste tester who tried my cornbread prior to this discovery. I will never ever use non-THRIVE cornmeal again!
What's your favorite butter additive?